Tuesday 2 June 2015

Grey Phalarope — at Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve


A surprising day, was upstairs getting ready to go up shops, then come back down to a message from Dave saying there was a Grey Phalarope at Brandon Marsh, my first thought was worrying about Dave not having enough sleep because his on nights, but was very excited too, always get nerves when it's a twitch incase it's gone specially when Dave is coming to get me, would feel so bad if it had of gone, because it's further to get to from mine.
Luckily it was still there when we arrived, stunning bird when the sun shined it looked so bright even with the naked eye, lovely views through bins and got to see all the detail through Matthew Bruce scope big thank you to him and a big thanks to Draycote birding for the call to Dave as stupid me had turned my bird alerts off there back on now lol
Was a lifer for me and the first time Dave had seen one in summer plumage as usually when they come here there in winter plumage, I feel so lucky to have seen her, and very sorry for all the people that were stuck at work and missed it :(
With the Grey Phalarope it is the female that is brighter than the male, it's the males that incubate the eggs and bring up the young, I think they have the right idea lol
A massive massive thank you to Dave for picking me up, what a year this is turning out to be every bird has been amazing and great views of basically everything, I can't thank Dave enough, love every bird and love all are adventures. :)
Managed to get a photo but was to distant for my camera, so the photo does not do this bird justice it really is a truly stunning bright beautiful bird and so so happy I got to see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment