Saturday 6 June 2015

Fun and Games with Dragons and Demoiselles


We stayed local Saturday and had a lovely day round Warwickshire, we started off with the Banded Demoiselles they were stunning the males blue with that black marking on the wings and the females green, beautiful to watch and photograph and Dave got the Female on his finger.
Then we went onto another site and saw Four spotted Chaser totally fell in love with them, me and Dave took it in turns to photograph them with my camera, and Dave also got one on his finger his so good with nature and then he put it on my finger I was just amazed couldn't stop staring at it looked like it was smiling just beautiful and so cute could of stayed there watching them forever. Also we saw Holly Blue Beautiful such a lovely color blue.
Took a selection of photos some by me and some by Dave :)
I love my Birds but doing Butterfly's, Dragonflies and Damselflies the past couple of weeks has been so enjoyable, think I love them as much as birds but then again I love all nature.
On Sunday we went to Cheshire, Hale to try and see the Corncrake it's the only British breeding bird Dave hasn't seen, but we heard it call a few times but waited four and a half hours and it didn't show so sad :( really wanted Dave to see it, we then went onto to met one of Dave's friends at a site that had Club-tailed Dragonflies, we saw two of them there amazing, couldn't photograph them but so nice to see and a new species of Dragonfly for both of us.
All the Dragons and Demoiselles have been lifers for me this weekend :)
 









The following photos are taken by the amazing Dave Hutton he even takes better photos than me on my camera lmao 

Taken by Dave Hutton

Taken by Dave Hutton

Taken by Dave Hutton

Taken by Dave Hutton



 

No comments:

Post a Comment