Saturday 17 October 2015

Lifers in Norfolk, Red-flanked Bluetail, Hume's Leaf Warbler and more ....

Amazing day in Norfolk, Six new birds and another lifer for Dave.
 We started at Wells Woods, and the first bird we saw was Red-flanked Bluetail, so so beautiful fell in love with him straight away, stunning the first views was of the front where you could see the beautiful orangy on his chest, such a lovely cute face then it flew and landed lower down where it turned the other way showing me his amazing blue tail, love this bird.
We then went to find the Blyth's Reed Warbler waited awhile before Dave saw it fly into the Brambles I just got a glimpse and looked from a flash very white, then we walked round to try and get better views, I didn't get very good views but still over the moon to see another great bird.
We then walked down to where a Hume’s leaf Warbler and Pallas warbler had been reported, Dave heard the Hume’s straightaway we stood there and waited and it flew up to the tree giving nice views you could see how much greyer he was in comparison to Yellow-browed Warbler.
Couldn't find the Pallas’s Warbler, but we did also see Brambling in flight another new bird for me, love there call very distinctive. 
We then went onto Holkham for the Isabelline Shrike was very hard to locate but Dave found him very distant even with scope views but could clearly see the shape of him and the shape of the bill.
We then went to see the Pallas's Warbler, I really struggled with this bird it was in the sycamore tree and hard to see with all the leaves, I was getting frustrated with myself which I think was making it worse, I got a few glimpses in the end and the very white underparts really was striking. 
Birds in trees with leaves is a real problem for me think its something I need to work on think I need to be faster with my responses see movement and get those bins to eyes quicker and not stress lol
It's all a learning curve and enjoying every second of it :) The excitement and Buzz I get is just the best feeling.  
Also today we saw Redwing, Fieldfare and 3 Crossbill lovely to see them all again.
So many birds in one day im so so lucky to see all these birds and love all of them love birdwatching :)


No comments:

Post a Comment