Saturday 21 March 2015

Hawfinch Forest of Dean and lifer's at Middleton Lakes :)


Lovely weekend with my boyfriend as always :) Saturday we stayed local Went to Middleton lakes, Shustoke and Marsh Lane, got to see my first Cetti's Warbler at Middleton Lakes, saw it first fly off but then as we were walking back round there was one perched in the branches it's tail flicking lovely to see :)
We went to Marsh Lane in the hope the Black Tailed Godwit would still be there but it had gone :(
but got nice views of the Snipe again and got to see the Black Swan so beautiful.
 On Sunday we headed to Forest of Dean for the Hawfinch, amazing views watching them come down and eat, very easily disturbed though and cars and people going by kept disturbing them, I'm not very good at being quite but at least I never honked my horn like Dave lmao bless him there's him telling me too shushh and then he goes and sits on his horn, i'm still giggling as I sit here and write it :)
Really struggled with photo's today because of the light but managed to get a couple of record shots and im over the moon to of had such good views, and so nice to sit there watching them and watching other birds come down had great views of Mistle Thrush oh and nearly forgot the sheep, lol Mr sheep come troddling over to where the Hawfinch's come down and feed don't think Dave was impressed and there's me clicking away taking photos of the sheep it was cute :) lol
We then headed back to Warwickshire area and went to Middleton Lakes, and I picked up another lifer, Dave really is amazing I was looking through my bins and couldn't see anything but he is so good at spotting birds ;) lol  brilliant weekend :)













No comments:

Post a Comment