Thursday 13 August 2015

White-winged Black Tern and Red-footed Falcon 6/08/15


We had a lovely day Saturday we went to Westport in Stoke-on-Trent for the White-winged Black Tern a lifer for me bringing my list up to 225 still can't believe I have seen that many birds and every one of them is because of Dave i'm so grateful for each and every bird and what a bird stunning this was a juvenile really pretty with like a light brown coloring near his face almost looks like a Juvenile Black Headed gull but a lot more elegant looking ;)
We had lovely flight views was so nice watching in flight he seemed to be teasing the gulls too lol
I struggled with photos it's hard when there in flight but Dave managed to get two beautiful photos I think there stunning :)

Take by Dave Hutton

Taken by Dave Hutton 


We then went back to Chatterley, Stoke to see the Red-footed Falcon, so pleased to of seen him again really is a gorgeous bird, had nice views, but he was perced not that far away but i couldn't see past the bush I tip toed but as I went click my feet went back down making blurry photos lol I did get one ok photo, main thing is I got to see him again always an honour to see every bird but getting to see a bird like this twice is beyond an honour.
Very enjoyable day as Bird wise it has been quite lately so me and Dave have been doing Butterflys. Moths, Dragonflies which I love so much got quite addicted to the Moths its very exciting but was great today getting back into seeing birds I have missed them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment