Sunday 24 May 2015

Cemlyn Bay and South Stack RSPB, Anglesey


Wonderful day started off at Cemlyn Bay in Anglesey, such a beautiful place very scenic, I love Wales so much always feel at home there which ever part I go to :)
We saw lot's of Arctic Terns, Common Terns and Sandwich tern amazing to see so many off them and hearing them call, and seeing them fly right passed us, the feeling watching them all is beyond words.
We also had lovely views of Red-breasted Merganser, lovely birds.
Also met one of Dave's very good friends Andy, was a pleasure to met him, such a great man, we then headed to Holyhead Harbour, where we had nice views of Black Guillemot stunning birds with those bright red legs and also a lifer for me,
Then we headed to South Stack RSPB, very very busy there but another amazing place, first bird seen here was Chough another lifer for me, wonderful bird to see I had watched a Documentary on them a while back and loved them then but to actually see them in person was lovely, beautiful birds, red bill and red legs so pretty, later on in the day we saw them on the deck, so nice to watch them up close and an added bonus that we got to take some photos of them, I could watch this birds all day :)
Also two more lifers was Puffin quite distant but great views through scope and was another bird I had always wanted to see, also saw Manx Shearwater distant but Dave got them in scope which was good I couldn't see them at all through my Binoculars, also saw Porpoises very nice to see had never seen them before.
The whole day was amazing can't wait to go back here again, once again big thank you to my lovely boyfriend :)



























No comments:

Post a Comment