Saturday 15 April 2017

Local birding


Trittiford has been dead over the past month but still nice the Coots, Great Crested Grebes all on there nests and as I write this 27/05/17 the Great Crested Grebes now have two chics :)
The Geese and Mallards have all had chics too.
There has been no sign of the Mandarin Duck for a few weeks now, and the Little Egret numbers have gone down as expected they would of gone of to breed now, but there still has been a few spotted at Old Mill pond and around Trittiford also a few Swallows now about :)

Bullfinch

Bullfinch



Had a nice walk round Shirley park on the 15th of April with House Sparrows going in and out of there nests with food for there young, and also as soon as you enter the park all you can here is the beautiful Willow Warblers love that sound :)


Willow Warbler - Shirley Park

House Sparrow - Shirley Park



On the 14th of April Dave went to check Seeswood Pool I decided to give it a miss my last words were ring me if you get a Ring Ouzel joking lol. He had only been gone 20 mints when I got the phone call babe I have a Ring Ouzel lol I couldn't believe it, I headed up there but it had flown off I did get a quick glimpse in flight but I was just happy for Dave he has put so much time and effort into Seeswood it is nice for him to get some reward for that hard work he also had a Redstart the other day too which was also brill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment