Thursday 9 February 2017

Little Egret Roost, Bamptons Pool/Old Mill Pool


With news coming through on Twitter from a Tommy D who had 18 Little Egrets in the roost at Old Mill Pool official name Bamptons Pool this was a new West Midlands county record, I had to get down there and see them, so the following night I headed down there I got there far to early there was only one when I got there then six which is when I headed back to the car to change my shoes so that I would be ready to speed of to work, when I got back a Des Jennings was there I said how many he said 13 wow this was already the most I had ever seen there, as we both stood there more and more joined with the final couple coming in when it was almost completely dark, this made the total up to 18 was over the moon to see all 18 of them an amazing feeling, I was so excited a couple of years back when I had one here so to see 18 was overwhelming just astonishing how Little Egret numbers have increased, will be exciting now to see if we get any more than 18 over the next weeks :)
Des Jennings got a nice shot of 10 of 18 little egrets, Thank you to Des for letting me use his photo on my blog :)

Des Jennings photo of 10 of the 18 Little egrets in the Roost 

By Des Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment