Saturday 15 October 2016

Siberian Accentor - Easington, Yorkshire


What an amazing story last week news broke of a Siberian Accentor in Shetland a 1st for Britian looking at the photos of him I went wow his beautiful but never dreamt in a million years I would ever get to see one.
Then news broke a few days later that there was at Easington in Yorkshire wow !!! We were just praying it would stay till Saturday I was very excited but then seeing photos of the queues on Friday scared me i'm not good with crowds and long queues but I think Dave knows me better than I know myself my way of dealing with going out of my comfort zone is by getting all worried and not wanting to go, but Dave knew I really wanted to go by my reaction when I first saw a photo of this beautiful bird, I'm so glad he just ignores my whinging lol On the Saturday morning we headed to Tom Perrins who kindly drove, we arrived parking made nice and easy by the Spurn team, and we headed over to the bird me still worrying about the crowds but we arrived and I couldn't believe it hardly any queue only had to wait five minutes and then we were looking at this amazing bird right in front of us so so beautiful feel so lucky to of seen her,
Dave brought me an amazing new camera for my birthday a Nikon P900 love it but hadn't had time to use it so trying to photograph the Siberian Accentor was hard work I hadn't got a clue what I was doing lol but I got a record shot, then decided to use my old camera for the rest of the day until I get time to practice with my new one :)

Siberian Accentor

Siberian Accentor

Siberian Accentor

We also had an excellent views of Shore Lark such stunning birds and got my first ever photos of one, and superb views of a Dusky Warbler which Dave was over the moon with such a pretty bird I kept saying looks like a Chiffchaff but I can see the difference now, Dave got some stonking photos I struggled it showed so well but by the time I had focused he had flitted every time I got a record shot though. One fo my highlights today was having great views of Pallas's Warbler had seen one before but hadn't had good views so was over the moon to be able to see all the detail on him loved him, also had nice views of Yellow-browed Warbler and lovely views of  a Juvenile Common Redstart so cute. 
There was common Migrants everywhere I had never seen so many birds lot's of Redwings, Fieldfare, Robins everywhere and beautiful little Goldcrests also had Bean Goose and White fronted Geese :)    
Had been an excellent day I'm so glad I went would of been gutted if I hadn't of gone, big thanks to Tom perrins for taking us :) Spectacular day !!!! 

Shore Lark

Shore Lark

Shore Lark

Common Redstart- Juvenile

Dusky Warbler

Dusky Warbler




A couple of Dave's amazing photos of the Dusky Warbler


Taken by Dave Hutton

Taken by Dave Hutton


No comments:

Post a Comment