Saturday 25 June 2016

Great Knot - Road Trip, Norfolk


With news last week of the Great Knot a mega and a bird Dave had dipped on in the past, Dave was frustrated as he had been on nights and he was just drained so we wern't able to go so we were praying it would stay for the following weekend, meanwhile Dave's friend Tom had been in contact asking if we would like to go with him and Jules on the weekend, Dave was so excited bless him Saturday arrived and a very sleepy Donna got up early after a struggle, with not much sleep over the past couple of nights I wasn't in the best of moods lol
On the way the Great Knot had flown from Gore Point so we thought it might turn up at Titchwell so we tried there first but then news came through it was at Scolt head so back in the car and we drove there only a ten minute drive and then about a 20 min walk on the beach, the bird was so so distant over the water on the Island we all saw it through the scope but it was a dot I wouldn't of known what it was, I was not a happy bunny I think most of it is that I get frustrated with myself because the others still manage to pick up some detail but I just don't seem to be able to do that I couldn't even see it's face, but I was over the moon that Dave and the others saw it.
We went back to Titchwell and waited on the beach for a couple of hours as the bird goes back and for from Scolts head, Titchwell and Gore point but there was no sign at Titchwell, think there was just too many people about, on the walk back we had an added bonus Spotted Redshank really close made my day that is what bird watching is all about to me being able to see birds up close to be able to see all the detail is just amazing and such a stunning bird and got some photos :)
Then we headed back to the car by this time I was just crackered, just wanted to go home, but then news came through the Great Knot was at Gore Point which we knew it shows better there they all wanted better views so we headed there, we had much better views still not with are own eyes but great views through scope could see all the detail on him such a beautiful bird with that black breast, I was glad we had better views in the end, and was so happy for Dave and the others.
Had been a nice day and so nice of Tom to drive big thankyou to him, Dave seemed so relaxed and happy bless him don't know how he puts up with grumpy me lol I'm just crap with no sleep, but i'm happy I went it was a good laugh and beautiful birds with the Great Knot and Spotted Redshank :)




No comments:

Post a Comment