Wednesday 8 June 2016

Beautiful Demoiselle - Trittiford, Scribbers's Lane - River Cole


An enjoyable day at Trittiford, lot's of Banded Demoiselle's and amongst them was a Beautiful Demoiselle, I was trying to photograph the Baby Moorhen on the river when I saw what I thought was just another Banded but then I looked again and thought hmmm the wing looked very dark all over, he flew over to the other side of the River I relocated him got a record shot but I wanted closer so spent an hour trying to photograph him, got really close in the end he settled nice but was hard to get my angle right, I was so excited I hurried back to the car so I could get home and load photos so I could send Dave one to confirm that it was a Beautiful, I'm not sure if there has been any other records for that area, but there not very common me and Dave had one last year near Marsh Lane where the Melodious Warbler was that was my first ever one, so i'm over the moon to Have one near Trittiford :)
Also managed to get my first photos of Orange-tip Butterfly but he kept sitting funny lol


Beautiful Demoiselle

Beautiful Demoiselle

Banded Demoiselle

Banded Demoiselle

Orange-tip

Orange-tip

No comments:

Post a Comment