Sunday 11 January 2015

Dungeness - Dream day


Me and Dave headed to Dungeness today in the hope to see Cattle egret, Bittern and Great white egret, which would all be lifers for me after getting a little lost after the Junction we wanted was closed on the M25, we eventually managed to pick up the diversion well worth getting lost we saw Ring necked parakeet fly past the car and Dave opened window so I could here them lovely sound.
Arriving at Dungeness we parked up outside a field and I said where will the Cattle egret be and Dave pointed and said right there lol totally amazing to see them so close I found them amazing how they troddle about a field full of cattle without getting squashed there so cute.




We then went onto the hide too my surprise a kingfisher came and perched on a branch great views from hide best iv ever had of a kingfisher and got to photograph him which was amazing to have my own photos of such a wonderful bird.
Whilst I was taking photos of the kingfisher my gorgeous clever boyfriend spotted two guys on the bank in the distant, we walked over to them, and they said there was a Bittern as soon as he said bittern my heart was beating fast with excitement was i really about to see my dream bird didn't quite believe it, i went up on bank and the man pointed the bittern out to me, the sun was making him look like a silloutte but even still i was happy and was quite near considering how secretive bitterns are i was over the moon, then Dave noticed the sun had gone in a bit and he managed to get me beautiful views from the telescope was so clear could see all the markings on the bittern and his beautiful eye, this was a dream come true, such a striking bird and always been my fav but actually seeing one in real life confirms even more how striking and amazing this bird is only managed to get a blur sillhotte photo but I will never forget the view I saw from the telescope , i'm over the moon and it's all thanks to my wonderful boyfriend Dave :)




Next up to find was the Great white Egret, didn't take long for Dave to find it he has such good eye site I don't think I would of spotted it even though its's quite big lol at first it was a little hidden but then it flew and landed in the open on the edge of the island in the water, was so nice to get good views the photo not that clear but nice to have a record shot.
The day had been totally amazing words can't even describe so lucky and successful to see everything we came for and have good views and also the added bonus, kingfisher, and a kestrel perched on a post,better views of a yellow legged gull. Also extra lifers for me was a Merlin fly over and seeing Barnacle geese there so pretty :)
Had a brilliant day full of happiness and fun, was the perfect day made perfect by my boyfriend, really is a dream to see so many wonderful birds hand in hand with Dave :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment